YACHT ROD™ The High Performance Spring-Loaded Mechanical Boom Vang Precision design in three sizes. X-Large Yacht Rod for boats 46-55'
Excellent vang/boom support for performance cruising and racing. White powder coated aluminium & polished stainless steel. Supplied with spectra cable ready to add your tackle system. Your 4:1 equals 8:1 when installed on Yacht Rod ™ . Can be led to small winch for additional power. Spring return holds boom. Brackets for mast and boom sold separately.
Note of Caution: Furling booms weigh as much as 3 times as much as standard booms. Standard vang spring will not support their weight. In rough weather and sea conditions it is prudent to set a topping lift in case of a gooseneck failure or other boom equipment failure.
Forespar® makes three sizes of spring loaded boom vangs for boats starting around 30 feet and up to about 55 feet.
• Eliminates the need for the topping lift to be set in general sailing conditions*
• Supports boom in light air and when reefing and lowering the mainsail
• Faster than hydraulics – No messy hydraulics to leak
• More efficient than conventional tackles
• Tubing is white coated anodized 6061-T6 aluminium and electro polished 316 stainless steel
• Precision machined 6061-T6 aluminium clevis ends, sheaves and Nylatron® bearings
• Precipitation hardened stainless steel spring with fast-pin adjustment – rated for over 1 million compressions
• No gas spring to lose its charge
- Stroke: 11-1/2”
- Adjustable Length:
- Pin to Pin (min): 79-1/2"
- Pin to Pin (Max):
- Adjustable distance:
- Pin size:
- Jaw width:
- Max return force: