Houdini Marine Deck Hatches
The world renowned and instantly recognisable Houdini deck hatch has been in production for over fifty years.
Houdini hatches are robustly constructed using quality materials and are fitted with toughened glass. When compared to acrylic glazing, used in most deck hatches, toughened glass will not scratch as easily or suffer UV degradation.
With an above deck height of a mere 25mm, these hatches are extremely streamlined and cause minimum obstruction on the deck. Houdini standard hatches are silver anodised, however frames can also be black or gold anodised, or powder coated to a specific colour.
Bespoke Hatches – in addition to Houdini's standard range shown above, Houdini can build a hatch to match existing apertures. Bespoke hatches can be made with radius or mitred corners and be trapezoidal, rectangular or square in shape.
Houdini hatches are CE marked for compliance with the ISO12216 standard.
- Hatches are CE marked for compliance with ISO12216 standard
- Marine grade aluminium (HE9), silver satin anodised as standard
- Aluminium alloy safety bars
- All joints sealed against ingress of water, fish-plated and screwed
- Seal is extruded synthetic rubber
- Grey tinted toughened glass fitted as standard
- Two casement handles
- Clear, obscured glass or bronze, green, and blue tints available
- Multi-position adjustable ventilation stays for hatch model 5
- Can be supplied without safety bars
- Frame - coloured powder coat or matt gold anodised
- Backing trims - Type 1, 2 or 3
Installation: All hatches must be fitted to a flat surface and bedded down on the quality non-setting mastic supplied with
each new hatch. The outer flange is drilled and countersunk for No.8 self-tapping screws or M5 machine screws.
Type 3 Backing Trim Aperture Size: For Type 3 backing trim and spigot all aperture sizes and aperture corner radii must be 3mm larger. For example, for a Model 5 hatch with a nominal aperture of 500mm x 500mm and an aperture corner radius of 100mm, the aperture must be cut to 503mm x 503mm and the corner radii must be cut to 103mm.